A short list of must haves after installing and setting up Git.
Free, tons of customization, built-in Git. My editor of choice for most situations.
Also free, fairly equal to VS Code.
Extensions make life easier. While others may be added in over time or removed depending on needs, must haves are:
- Auto Close Tag - Automagically add HTML/XML close tags, saves a lot of time!
- Bracket Pair Colorizer - Colorize your brackets to easily match them up
- DotENV - Adds support for dotenv file syntax
- gitignore - Makes working with .gitignore files easier
- Live Server - A MUST: Launch a local development server with live reload, makes life so much easier when designing web apps/pages
- Prettier - A code formatter to make your code easier to read
- vscode-icons - This isn't necessarily a must have, but it certainly makes navigating files easier.